Solar PV Technical Design Engineer
Solen Energy is an independent national wholesale distributor for a wide range of Solar PV, EV and Electrical products.
Solen Energy Group are looking to recruit a Full Time Technical Designer to join our team to support our ongoing growth. Your primary focus will be the design of domestic and commercial solar projects and offer in house technical support.
Working within the technical team, you’ll be designing renewable technology solutions using a specialist design software to perfectly suit our customers energy generation requirements and wider customer needs.
£36 - £38K based on experience.
Full-time – Permanent
Exceptional IT Skills – including Microsoft Office, with a particular focus on Microsoft Excel
Ability to use own initiative and work independently
Desire to learn new skills and find new solutions
Experience with Solar PV Design, particularly PV*Sol, solar mounting and inverter manufacturer design software packages.
Electrical Design Experience
The following list is typical of the level of duties, which the post holder is expected to perform. It is not necessarily exhaustive and other duties of a similar type and level may be required from time to time.
- Working within the technical team, and with suppliers and sub-contractors to develop and deliver technical solutions, primarily for domestic and commercial Solar PV.
- Carry out system design, including shading analysis and 3D modelling.
- Identify Parts and components to be used for the procurement process
- Ownership of all technical documents relating to mechanical and electrical design
- Support design and technical colleagues with site surveys and feasibility assessments
- To manage the development of cost-effective design and engineering solutions and deliver complete design packages for project proposals (including tenders)
- Production of project specific technical specifications and drawings
- Complete Applications for Connection in line with Distribution Network Operators Guidelines and EREC G98, G99 and G100
- Management of technical relationships with sub-contractors, funders and Distribution Network Operators
- Support the specification of components for the procurement process
- Support the commissioning of completed systems and the related G99 and G100 testing process
- Where required liaise with the client on technical matters including system handover, and export meters
- Provide quality advice and installation support where required during construction phase
- Assist in the survey of potential future projects
- Represent the company at external events where required
25day annual holidays
New modern office
Great team environment
9 hour shift with a one hour lunch
Monday 8am – 5pm to Friday 8am – 4pm
Do you have excellent administration, communication, and IT skills, particularly PowerPoint, Excel & Word, Google Suite.
Driving Licence (but not essential)
Application deadline: 09/12/2022
Please submit your CV and a covering letter to the team at email@example.com