3. Using Your Personal Data
3.1. We will collect and process your Personal Data as follows:
3.1.1. As is necessary to perform our contract with you, including (but not limited to):
- To take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract, for example responding to initial requests for information about our services, or to provide a quote.
- To decide whether to enter into a contract with you.
- To search at credit reference agencies or to apply for credit insurance, if you have requested credit facilities.
- To manage and perform our contract with you.
- To bill and collect money owed to us
- To update our records.
3.1.2. As is necessary for our own legitimate business interests, including (but not limited to);
- For our own internal accounting, training, managing and auditing operations;
- For debt recovery and collection purposes and for the establishment and defence of legal rights.
3.1.3. As is necessary to comply with a legal obligation, including (but not limited to):
- When you exercise your rights under data protection law and make requests;
- For compliance with legal and regulatory requirements
- For the establishment and defence of legal rights;
- For compliance with lawful requests from public authorities, including law enforcement requirements
3.1.4. Based on your consent, for example (but not limited to) sending you informational and promotional material in accordance with your marketing preferences. You are free at any time to withdraw your consent by following the unsubscribe instructions contained in every marketing email. In the case of social media, you can manage your consent and preferences via the relevant social media platform.
4. Sharing Your Personal Data
Subject to applicable data protection law, we may share your personal data with:
- Companies falling within the Solen Energy Group;
- Sub-contractors, suppliers, and other persons or organisations who help us provide our services, for example (but not limited to) logistics and haulage companies and couriers engaged by us;
- Companies and other persons providing services to us, including (but not limited to) IT services, software and design services, and payment services;
- Our legal and professional advisors, including accountants and auditors;
- Fraud prevention agencies, credit reference agencies, credit insurance brokers and institutions, and debt collection agencies;
- Courts, to comply with legal requirements and for the administration of justice;
- Government bodies or agencies in the UK or overseas, to comply with legal obligations and requirements;
5. Cookies and Tracking
6. Accuracy and Retention of Personal Data
6.1. We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services. In the event that we have had no dealings with you for a period of 36 months, your Personal Data will be erased from our systems. We may retain and use your Personal Data beyond that period in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our contracts, for internal auditing or financial processes, or for the establishment and defence of legal rights.
6.2. We will retain your Personal Data for as long as is necessary to provide you with our services. In the event that we have had no dealings with you for a period of 36 months, your Personal Data will be erased from our systems. We may retain and use your Personal Data beyond that period in order to comply with legal obligations, resolve disputes, enforce our contracts, for internal auditing or financial processes, or for the establishment and defence of legal rights.
7. Website and Website Links
7.1. The internet is not completely secure. We offer no guarantee or similar assurance as to the security of your personal data transmitted through our website or via email. Any transmission is at your own risk.
7.2. Our website may contain links to third party websites which we feel may be of interest to you. These websites are owned and operated by third parties, and will have their own privacy policies in place, which we strongly recommend you read before using those websites. We accept no liability or responsibility for the privacy and security practices of third party organisations and their websites.